Managed Services Coverage
Understanding Managed IT Services from Net Fusion
Managed Services encompasses anything that keeps an environment in an efficient, functional state. This includes proactive monitoring and maintenance, and support
for unexpected issues. Net Fusion maintains a strong team of engineers, and when an issue cannot be resolved by a lower level technician, it is escalated up the
chain until it can be addressed.
It's like having an entire IT staff at your fingertips, no matter your budget.
Sample Tasks Covered by Managed Services
A managed services package can include server management, desktop management, and
network management. Our help desk handles a wide range of requests from customers every day; here's a small sampling of the types of tasks we perform and
issues we resolve.
- Monitoring and Response
- Fixing a machine that will not boot.
- Resetting a user’s password.
- Restoring connectivity to a network printer.
- Restoring data in the event of a server failure.
- Working with hardware, software, and telecom vendors on the customer’s behalf.
- Setting up a new user on an existing workstation.
- Documenting the configuration of the environment.
- Investigating poor performance on a database server.
- Troubleshooting a web application that has stopped responding.
- Creating a user account on the server.
- Managing group policies.
- Configuring firewall rules.
- Downloading and installing software updates.
Tasks Not Covered by Managed Services
Significant changes to the environment or support for devices not under contract are not included as part of flat managed services fees.
When we do project work for our managed services customers, they reap two significant benefits. First, the work can be performed efficiently due to our familiarity
with the environments that we manage. Second, you are paying for the resources you need only when you need them.
In most cases, software and database development are not covered under a flat-rate agreement. This includes new code, changes to existing code, changes to data structures,
changes to data queries, etc. If you need ongoing development or database assistance, talk to us about a
staff augmentation agreement.
Full Vendor Support
Take the headache out of dealing with multiple vendors by letting Net Fusion do it for you. Vendor Management is included in our managed services packages.
- Server/Workstation Hardware Vendor Management
- Telecom/Bandwidth Vendor Management
- Copy, Printer Vendor Management
- Software Service Contract Management
Net Fusion provides strategic planning to managed services customers at no extra cost. For example, if a managed customer is considering the purchase of a new SAN,
we will provide them a recommendation on manufacturer/type, help them estimate capacity based on our monitoring reports, and even introduce them to a reseller who
can get a good price on the equipment.
Managed services is priced by the device, and what the device is used for. For example, an email server for 1000 users may cost more than a file server in a small
office. Additional services are broken out line by line in our estimates, so that you can control your monthly bill.
We offer flexibility in our contracts so that customers can add and remove hardware as business changes.